Friday, July 19, 2013

Steady As She Goes...

Hello everyone! Happy Friday and Happy Weigh-in Day!

Current weight: 293.0

I lost 2.2 pounds this week! I was pleasantly surprised to have lost that much considering last week's big weight loss, but I could not feel better about being back on track and eating the way I should.

I went to my doctor on Wednesday and he feels like I'm on the up-and-up. Definitely still having pain and some stiffness in my knee, but since I'm doing better he thinks anti-inflammatory medicine and rest is working as it should. He did limit me to only swimming and biking for the next two weeks, but if I continue to improve over the next two weeks, then I can begin jogging and doing other exercises (like Zumba) again! He did caution me to start off slowly on the jogging, so I'll start back on Week 1 of Couch to 5K (not Week 3 where I left off). I'm a little apprehensive about jogging again, just because of this injury, but I'm still excited about our first 5K in September. Considering I will have lost 5 weeks of my training for well-needed rest, I have also come to terms with the fact that I won't be meeting my initial goal of jogging the entire 3.1 miles. And that's okay! I will jog as much of it as I can and be proud to just finish it! There will be other 5Ks in the future.

Keep up the good work everyone!  I'll work on getting the recipes uploaded that I promised!

Until next time,
BK

No comments:

Post a Comment