Thursday, July 22, 2010

I really really love pie

So first off, I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who said something encouraging or who responded positive to my blog. When I first mentioned the idea to Kyle (my boyfriend, for those who may not know), I told him I was worried that people would say mean things or think that the idea was stupid. Obviously, no one has thought that (or voiced it yet), so thank you for being so accepting. It is so encouraging.

Secondly, I ate chocolate pie last night. Yummy delicious chocolate pie. No, I did not cheat on my diet. I planned my Weight Watcher points for the day around me getting a piece of chocolate pie. Those of you who do not have a massive sweet tooth may think planning my day around pie is ridiculous, but for me, it's a necessity. Before I was counting points or serious about losing weight, when I wanted pie, I'd sure as heck get me a piece of pie, with no thought to calories or what else I had eaten that day. In fact, I might get a lot of pie, just because it is so darn delicious! But yesterday, I found myself in the grocery store with my Mom and my trusty Weight Watchers points calculator scrutinizing over different types of pie. I tested Chocolate, Butterfinger candy pie, Key Lime pie, cheesecake, and the like. I ended up getting four pieces of chocolate pie (one for me, one for Kyle, one for my mom, and one because of the annoying fact that grocery store sold them in packs of two).

So last night after dinner, I enjoyed my 7 points piece of pie. It was truly a magnificent experience, as usual, which sometimes worries me. I worry that I'll never get to that point where my life doesn't revolve around food, where food doesn't take center stage. Before dieting, food was my comfort object, my shoulder to cry on (or munch on), my celebration go-to, and my indulgence. Now, I count points for my food, measure out my food, plan out my food (sometimes days in advance, because I'm a huge planner), and I still feel like food is the central focus of my life, just this time in a healthier way. Maybe one day I'll be free from its clutches. Until then, I'll save up points for pie. I do love it so.

On another happy note, I had planned my day so well yesterday that I had 7 points left over after my 7 point pie. Does any one else see the conundrum? Well my brain sure did, it was screaming "Blair, use your last 7 points on that last piece of pie!!"

Do you think I did?

I didn't. I really wanted to, but I spent my last seven points on microwave popcorn (well 5 of the seven points). That decision was shockingly easy and I was actually proud of myself. Granted, I could have chosen to eat nothing which would have made me more proud, but hey, I'm human.

Until next time,

BB

No comments:

Post a Comment