Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hellllllooooo 270s!

Hi everyone!

Today is weigh-in day and Kyle and I both lost weight!

Current weight: 279.1
Kyle's current weight: 253.7

Kyle lost 0.3, which isn't bad considering he lost 3.5 pounds last week. So far he's lost almost 15 pounds since moving to Baton Rouge. Pretty exciting! I lost 2.9 this week, which is the 2 pounds I gained last week plus 0.9 of new weight!  I am thrilled and even more thrilling is the fact that I am in the 270s! The last time I was in that weight range was probably sometime during my time at Wofford College during undergrad (I graduated in 2008 if that tells you anything)!  This was a boost that I needed after my disappointing weigh-in last week. I've also been a little sick this week (standard run-of-the-mill cold/sore throat mess) so I was worried about how that would affect the weigh-in, considering I did not get as many workouts in as I would have liked and I may have indulged in (a reasonable amount of) Ben and Jerry's ice cream to soothe my sore throat.

This week was also awesome because I pushed myself with my fitness routine. I increased my weight in my Body Pump class and surprised myself by almost being able to complete the work-out with more weight. I'm still lifting the least amount of weight in the class, but I can only go up from here! :)  On Saturday, I met my good friend Valerie for a work-out and between the 2.3 miles on the elliptical and the almost 2 miles we walked afterwards, I did almost 4 miles in one day!  That's a personal best for me!  My feet were sorely upset (pun intended) afterwards, but overall I felt great and I was proud of myself.

We have one more weigh-in before Thanksgiving!! I can't believe the holiday season is almost upon us. I'm trying not to worry too much about Thanksgiving. I've already told myself that on Thanksgiving Day, I'm giving myself a little bit of leeway. All the days before and after Thanksgiving, I'll be counting points, but on Thanksgiving proper I'm taking the day off from worrying. It IS Thanksgiving after all. :)  I hope you all are able to cut yourself some slack for this holiday without gorging yourself to discomfort or going too far off program!

Until next time,
BK

No comments:

Post a Comment