Thursday, August 12, 2010

Keep On Keepin' On

Well, I checked my weight again this morning and I've lost another 1.8 on the three day diet, so that's definitely exciting. I finished it up yesterday and now I'm back counting Weight Watcher points (and I celebrated that with a lunch of couscous and sauteed veggies - I miss couscous when I can't have it). Now that I've passed the 20 pound mark, I'm feeling renewed and my motivation has gotten another boost!

I wrote a few days ago that I went clothes shopping. Clothes shopping still discourages me. Even though I've lost almost 25 pounds, I am still not seeing that big of a difference in the way clothes fit. I'm seeing some, but not much. And this is simply because I have so much weight to lose and I've been carrying this weight for so long, that it will take a lot to get it off me. So because of those reasons, I am trying not to get too bogged down in clothes sizes. Every pound that I drop is another step closer to being a healthy weight (even though I still have many many more steps to go).

I really am excited about exercising. I know that it is hard with the weather being so miserably hot and with me being out of a job, I can't enjoy gym membership yet, but soon those things will pass. For now, I'm making a pledge to find small ways to be more active around the house, including walking up and down stairs (multiple times), staying on my feet more, and using my hand weights daily. Pretty soon, I'll start getting paychecks from my new job (I start on Monday!) and then on to Zumba classes. :)

Until next time,
BB

No comments:

Post a Comment