Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back in the 280s!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

It's weigh-in day and Kyle & I both lost weight! 

Current weight: 289.0
Kyle's current weight: 265.4

I lost 1.1 pounds and he lost 2.7 pounds! :)  I'm very pleased with those numbers considering the amount of social functions we had going on this weekend: Sushi party, tailgate, and Labor Day cook-out!  Plus Hurricane Isaac totally messed up our work-out plan so we only made it to 1 hour of exercise for the whole week!

As you can see from my previous post, we have been trying out new Weight Watchers recipes.  Last night we made Farmhouse Chicken and Dressing, which isn't necessarily a new recipe to us (my mom would make it frequently), but I have never made it solo and it's been over a year since I'd eaten it.  It turned out great, of course!  I'll post pics and that recipe later.  Cooking for both of us instead of just me hasn't been nearly as difficult as I had imagined.  Granted, it's more expensive (twice as much food!) and it takes more time, but so far so good! 

This weekend should be a bit tamer in terms of social functions, so there won't be as much temptation to eat poorly and we've already planned our date night for Friday (I know we're plan-aheaders)!  We're going to Chili's where they currently have a 2 for $20 special.  We perused the menu and found some tasty-looking options that are in the pointsplus range we want!

So today is the start of a brand new week and tonight is Kyle's (and Valerie's) second try at Zumba.  I think they both did wonderfully during their first class, but they still aren't sold on the idea of it yet, so they are still in the "trial phase."  Either way, I'm happy to be settling back into my exercise routine.

I hope everyone has an amazing end to the work week!

Until next time,
BK

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you and your journey! You are beautiful no matter what weight you are, but kudos for starting a healthy marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kirb! :) I cannot wait to see pictures of sweet little Paden!

    ReplyDelete