Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Whew!

Hello everyone!

It's weigh-in day and Kyle & I both lost weight (thank goodness!)

My current weight: 285.7
Kyle's current weight:263.7

That's a weight-loss of 1.8 for me and 0.9 for Kyle! :)  I'm pretty satisfied with those numbers considering the whirlwind weekend we both had going home to SC for a wedding!  We made it to 2 exercise classes this week (Zumba last Wednesday and Boot Camp last Thursday) and counted our points while in Baton Rouge, but over the weekend, we lost track of the points we were eating.

We still tried to make good decisions regarding what we were putting in our bodies. Although Kyle did well for his first trip home, I think he's still adjusting to the weight-loss mindset. He did well with most things (only eating a small piece of wedding cake, eating egg whites over eggs, etc) but some old habits are hard to kick (sticking with fried rice instead of brown rice at an Asian restaurant, etc).  I'm super proud of him, though!  He's only been at this a couple of weeks and he's impressing me! This weekend was tough and we both came out with a loss: that's success in my book! :)

Boot Camp was tough on Thursday; Stephanie really let us have it!  I think Kyle enjoyed his first class and we'll keep going back. I think he prefers to have both strength training and cardio in the same class. With Zumba it's all cardio and with Body Pump it's all weight training.  Boot Camp is a nice mix!  He's still sticking with Zumba, but I think he's going to start switching out Body Pump for Zumba at least once a week.

Covington and Jesse's wedding was beautiful!  They are a sweet couple and we're so happy to have been a part of their special day.  Wedding food and cake was delicious and Kyle and I kept it together by not going completely crazy with our eating. I think we burned quite a few calories dancing at the reception, which was a blast!  Covington looked even more gorgeous than usual (if that's possible).  She's lost quite a bit of weight and has been getting in great shape and I'm so proud of her!  As hectic as this weekend was, I'm glad we made it back for their big day!

Seeing our families was pretty amazing too!  It was a quick trip, but it was certainly better than nothing! Kyle and I are very blessed to have such loving and supportive families (and friends, as well)!  We are extremely fortunate. Hopefully, it won't be too long between visits!

Kyle's interview with the accounting firm in Baton Rouge also went really well!  He'll hopefully find out by the end of the week if he has the job and I won't jinx it by talking anymore about it!

I apologize for not writing a Snack of the Week post this week.  We were at home until the evening and in the airport/flying for the rest of Sunday.  Ideally, I'll post a snack AND a recipe this week!  Have an awesome day, everybody!

Until next time,
BK

No comments:

Post a Comment