Sunday, September 2, 2012

Snack of the Week: Light String Cheese

Happy Sunday, everybody!

I know we missed our snack of the week post for last week, but life was so busy.  My apologies.

Today's Snack of choice is light string cheese!

My favorite brand (and what I deem most delicious) is Sargento.  These sticks are 1 pointplus and I can't lie, sometimes I have two for a snack!  It's a good way to get some protein/dairy into your day, which is awesome for people like me who don't like drinking a lot of milk!  Quick, easy snack!

Last night I tried out a new Weight Watchers recipe for mine and Kyle's dinner: Mozzarella-Stuffed Meat Loaves and I must say it was delish!  I'll post the recipe online tomorrow with a picture of the finished product!  We are hoping to keep trying out new recipes and I will most certainly keep you all posted.

Kyle's first week on Weight Watchers is going great!  He's making great choices and going through that classic first week realization of "it's HOW MANY points?!" when we review some of our former favorite foods. Case in points, we went to our first LSU tailgate yesterday and both ate way too many points (yay for weekly points!!!) without eating too terribly much food (I'm blaming all the grilled meats!). Good thing we don't tailgate every weekend!  I'm hoping we burned some of those calories off during the super long walk to and from our car!

Speaking of calorie burns, Kyle also attended his first Zumba class this week.  He has agreed to give it a few more tries, but I don't think he's quite sold on it yet.  I think he's super amazing for just trying it and he did really well during his first class!  If you've never gone to a Zumba class and are thinking about trying it, I recommend giving it at least three classes before you make a decision.  The first class is always SUPER awkward because you don't know ANY of the dances and it feels weird to dance in front of people if you aren't used to it. One of my friends, Valerie, also came and has agreed to give it a few more tries!  I love having friends/family to work out with because it makes exercise so much more fun!  So yay for them!

Labor Day is tomorrow and we are headed to a cook-out at my friend Morgan's apartment.  Luckily, she and her boyfriend are also trying to eat healthier and shed some weight, so it'll be a healthier cookout than most!  I hope everyone has enjoyed their long weekend!

Until next time,
BK

2 comments:

  1. Hey Blair, I like reading your ideas on healthy foods, and since you mentioned cookout food, I thought I'd share an idea (which I'm sure you've already heard about b/c it's nothing new lol)-- my husband and I are doing weightwatchers, too, and MorningStar has meatless grillers, hotdogs, and corndogs (which taste exactly like regular corn dogs) for like 3 pts or less. I also found some regular hot dogs that were like 98% fat free when I looked hard in the grocery store. We grill those out and have the fat free Lays chips to go with them (1 pt for a serving, made with Olestra), so it feels & tastes like a normal cookout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome tips, Ellen! I love Morningstar Veggie burgers (especially the Spicy black bean burgers), but I haven't tried the corndogs yet! Kyle LOVES corndogs, so we'll definitely have to give those a try. The couple we had the cookout with had turkey hot dogs and seasoned turkey burgers, so we felt pretty snazzy! :)

    ReplyDelete