Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First week living together (and first hurricane!)

Good morning everyone!

It's weigh-in day and I lost 1.8 pounds!

Current weight: 290.1

I ALMOST reached my goal of being in the 280s.  I was so close, but I'm just happy that I lost, honestly.  I got a little bit (a few points) off program with mine and Kyle's families being in town, but overall I'm pleased to have lost almost 2 pounds!

Kyle is officially moved in and he had his first weigh-in today (starting weight 268.1). I've given him his daily pointsplus value and he's already tracked his breakfast points. :)  It's going to be awesome to have a partner with me in this journey!  I'm so happy that we can FINALLY live together.

We had a great visit with our families.  We got all of Kyle's stuffed unpacked and put away in two days and were then able to just enjoy the visit. We did go out to eat quite a bit, but I made the best choices I could (baked fish instead of fried, veggie burger instead of beef, etc).  I still ate out a LOT more than I usually do and had went a few points over my daily and weekly points, BUT the loss was still there, thank goodness.

With Hurricane Isaac bearing down on us today, it'll be interesting to see what we are able to eat over the next few days.  We bought the best canned goods we could find (minus a can of Dinty Moore beef stew... that stuff is delicious).  We also have baked chips, crackers, Larabars, and other non-perishable yum yums.  So far, we haven't been without power, but that could change and we are prepared!

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers during the storm.

Until next time,
BK

No comments:

Post a Comment