Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Scale is Just a Scale

Good morning everyone!

It's weigh-in day!

Current weight: 296.1 (still)

That's right, another week of staying the same. I am disappointed, but I'm not discouraged. As you can probably remember, this happened to me two weeks ago and I was a lot more upset then than I am today. Logically, I should have lost weight. I exercised 6 days this week and counted my points as meticulously as always. I haven't done anything "wrong" in my diet, so I honestly can't be upset with myself. Last time I attributed the lack of weight loss to my monthly cycle (which was probably true).  This week that was not the case, but it could be that I'm losing fat, but gaining muscle and therefore not showing a loss. It could also be that my body is just deciding to not let go of any more weight right now because I've already lost almost 12 pounds.  I could speculate all morning, but I'm not going to. Today is the start of a new week and I'm going to keep going on. If this IS a pattern that is emerging with my body, then maybe next week will be a repeat of a high weight loss number (last time it was 3.9 lbs!).  I know I'm making the right decisions for my body and for my health and I won't let the scale get me down this week!

Tomorrow I'm headed home to South Carolina for a long weekend to visit my family and see my sweet husband graduate with his master's degree.  I am very excited to be going home!  It's been over two months since I've been to SC (and since I've seen my mom and brother) and it's been five weeks since I've seen Kyle. I am nervous about how the trip home will affect my weight loss.  I'll be missing all of my exercise classes but one (my Zumba class tonight).  I am taking my work-out clothes home with me in hopes that I can squeeze in some type of activity while I'm away.  In the past, "going home" has meant a sure weight gain because I would decide to not count points and just try to "eat sensibly." Let me just tell you... for ME that is a fallacy.  I need structure or I don't pay attention to the points/calories/fat that I'm putting in my body. Going home also means my mother's (and mother-in-law's) delicious home cooking and going out to eat quite a bit. Luckily, both my mother and mother-in-law know that I'm serious about my weight loss and I'm sure they won't tempt me with their highest calorie recipes!

I'm taking with me my PointsPlus calculator, my Dining Out PointsPlus book, and my Complete Food PointsPlus book.  I'll also be keeping track of the points I eat the same way I always do. I have the tools I need to succeed, it's just up to me to make the right decisions. Overall, I'm going to enjoy myself while I'm at home and I'm going to try my hardest to stay completely on program. If I need to use every single one of my weekly points, then so be it!  That's why they are there!  I keep trying to tell myself that I'm not on a "diet," I'm changing my lifestyle. I need to be able to live with this for the rest of my life and the rest of my life is going to have a lot of my mother's and mother-in-law's cooking and quite a few restaurants!

As always, thank you so much for the encouragement and motivation that you all have been giving me, especially yesterday. I hope that I can be as supportive to you all as you all have been to me!

Until next time,
BK

No comments:

Post a Comment