Sunday, August 19, 2012

Snack of the Week: Dried Cranberries

Hello all!

It's Sunday, therefore it's time for our snack of the week post. I love Sundays for a lot of reasons. I'm a Christian, so I love going to church and worshipping God. I love taking Sunday afternoon naps, also! :)  Sunday is also laundry day for me. Laundry is my favorite chore because it pretty much does itself (except for the folding)!

Today is my last Sunday before classes start and it's also my last Sunday before Kyle moves in!  Both situations present challenges in weight loss. I'll blog more about that Wednesday during my weigh-in post.

This week's snack is dried cranberries (also known as "craisins").

I have become recently very addicted to these tasty little treats. They are similar to raisins, but have a tarter taste to it, which makes me like them more!  They are great as a salad topping, as an addition to a chicken salad, or just by themselves!  1/8 cup is 2 pointsplus and 1/4 cup is 4 points plus. I also like them because they have lots of little pieces and if I eat them one at a time it feels like I am eating a lot (a tip I got from Sara!). It's a nice way to finish off a meal as a light dessert!

Keep snacking smart!

Until next time,
BK

No comments:

Post a Comment