Monday, October 29, 2012

Snack of the Week: Veggie Straws

Hello all!

I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things with Snack of the Week posts.  This week's snack has been one of my favorites for a few years and I mentioned it briefly when I began blogging back in 2010.

Veggie straws!

 These snacks are super delicious and super low points! The serving size is 38 straws (yes, I said it 38!). The points plus value is 3 points plus!  That's insane! There must be something magical about this delicious snack!
 Just for reference, here's a serving size of 38 straws! Supposedly all natural and made from veggies, these crunchy, salty treats get an A+ from this girl!  They are a bit hard to find. I got these at Albertson's here in Louisiana, but I've seen them at Sam's Club and sometimes Bi-Lo (up in SC).  If you can find them, give them a shot! If you are like me, you won't be disappointed!

Halloween is quickly approaching and candy season is upon us. I just wanted to take a minute to give a little friendly advice. In my opinion, it is not wise to deprive yourself of something you are craving when you are dieting, but instead to eat it in moderation. With that being said, don't feel like you have to deprive yourself of candy on Halloween for the sake of your waistline. On the other hand, don't feel like you have to eat an entire bag of Reese's miniatures either (your waistline WILL HATE you). Instead, find a happy compromise so that you don't miss out on the sweet memories (pun intended) of Halloween without sacrificing your hard work for the week. Kyle and I have gotten only tiny candy bars for our Halloween celebrations. When we bought candy for our church's Trunk or Treat we followed 2 instructions: (1) Get candy WE wouldn't mind eating leftovers of and (2) don't have too many leftovers!  As a result we have about 25% of a candy bucket full of these little guys:
It's little teeny Snickers, Reese's, KitKats, Twix and the like. I call them fun fun size (because they are the smallest you can get). These bad boys are 1 pointplus per piece, so Kyle and I can have a couple every day if we want to and still not carry around a ton of guilt.

Happy Halloween everyone!  Snack smart!

Until next time,
BK


No comments:

Post a Comment