Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hiatus is Over/Snack of the Week: Pretzel Crisps

Hello everyone!

Well that was quite a hiatus from blogging, wasn't it? I apologize for it being so long, but Christmas/New Year's was quite hectic, as I'm sure it was for you all as well.  Truth be told, I didn't blog after Christmas and New Year's because I got off track with  my exercise/points counting and gained an embarrassing amount of weight over break. I was ashamed!  Then I realized that it was time to call off my pity party and head back to my routine. I'm happy to report that I began attending exercise classes again last Thursday and I have attended 7 classes since then! Kyle and I also began counting Weight Watchers PointsPlus again on Wednesday and getting back into watching what we eat. So we are back on track! My motto has always been: If you get off track, don't beat yourself up!  Just get back on track ASAP (not "on Monday" and not "next week") and keep on keeping on!  So I'm following my own advice.

Anyway, now that I've reinstated my commitment to health, fitness, weight loss, AND blogging, it's time for our first Snack of the Week post of the new year!  This week's snack of  the week is.... Pretzel crisps!


Here's what the package looks like! They come in a variety of flavors: this week we are trying Garlic Parmesan, but they also had Jalapeno Jack, Chipotle Cheddar, and some type of regular, salted-only flavor among others. You get 10 pretzel crisps per serving and each serving has a pointsplus value of 3. I had some today with salsa (Pace Restaurant Style - Medium has a pointsplus value of 0 for FOUR tablespoons!) and they were pretty delicious!
Here's a (blurry) picture of what one of the crisps looks like. I feel like they are a pretty good size!  I bet they would also be good with Laughing Cow Cheese (1 pointsplus per wedge) or with hummus (varies by brand/type)!  So if you are in the mood for something crunchy and oh-so-satisfying. Give these a try this week! If you are like me, you won't be disappointed!

Here's to a brand new year, with renewed weight loss/fitness goals for us all!

Until next time,
BK

No comments:

Post a Comment